
The other day I was having lunch with my father and my Godfather.
For a few moments the child in me quenched its hunger for life, over scallops and ile flottante (these were the very prerequisite for a ghostly foetus to awake to the taste of the blood from which it draws its nebulous form).
A constant flow of words had created a reassuring atmosphere and, after a little while, I stopped listening. The river of my thoughts suspended its course. But the child was awake, and it recorded everything. Its avid eyes had overpowered mine, and they were filtering life straight down to the core of my body. For the child does not have a body of its own, and it has no choice but to steal mine.
Yet, it was able to feel the reality of the present, an experience which I have never been able to live; as soon as I try to be, I already have been.
The eyes were looking at the window. It bore a white and red checked curtain. The fabric was vibrating with the words: "you are here now! you are here now!". Suddenly it came off the rail and struck my face: I regained consciousness at once and the curtain's chanting instantly ceased, only to be replaced by a frenetic round of question marks dancing before my eyes. My... my...
For a few moments the child in me quenched its hunger for life, over scallops and ile flottante (these were the very prerequisite for a ghostly foetus to awake to the taste of the blood from which it draws its nebulous form).
A constant flow of words had created a reassuring atmosphere and, after a little while, I stopped listening. The river of my thoughts suspended its course. But the child was awake, and it recorded everything. Its avid eyes had overpowered mine, and they were filtering life straight down to the core of my body. For the child does not have a body of its own, and it has no choice but to steal mine.
Yet, it was able to feel the reality of the present, an experience which I have never been able to live; as soon as I try to be, I already have been.
The eyes were looking at the window. It bore a white and red checked curtain. The fabric was vibrating with the words: "you are here now! you are here now!". Suddenly it came off the rail and struck my face: I regained consciousness at once and the curtain's chanting instantly ceased, only to be replaced by a frenetic round of question marks dancing before my eyes. My... my...
"My God! You wouldn't believe how much they took! You don't inherit money, you inherit debts! Uhm...!"
© asd – 2008
No comments:
Post a Comment